Your guide to
Canadian Charter Flights
Canadian-Charter-Flights commonly known as CCF’s in the travel Industry, are the main way to fly on a budget from Canada. In most cases these flights are operated by the main Tour companies in Canada and fly to Europe in the summer and down to the Caribbean and Mexico during the winter months.
Due to demand, flights are beginning to operate to both destination areas now the whole year round.
Up until 18th November 2013. Book today.
The world of travel is full of jargon, confusing terms that the everyday tourist just does not understand. Charter flights, for example, can be slotted into this category.
Scheduled flights are flights that operate on a regular basis between two cities, probably on a daily basis and throughout the whole year. Such airlines in this connection would be the National airlines of the two countries concerned, in our case Canada and Britain would be Air Canada and British Airways.
Charter flights are synonymous with summertime travel and offer the public cheaper flights to Europe and the opportunity to have a Europe holiday. Tour operators who put holiday packages together will charter or lease an aircraft from an airline and the tour operator will sell the seats to the travellers, usually through a travel agent. The passenger’s contract is with the travel agent, not the airline itself.
However, as these companies all have their own web sites now you can go direct and book flights to your desired destination yourself, but if you want better service and maybe other travel arrangements as well, we recommend you approach a travel agent who is experienced in these things.
Flexibility is the name of the game too, so bear in mind that because you flew into London you don’t have to return home from London. Another city can be used to fly back to your home city or origin city from where you flew in the first place. This arrangement is only possible flying with the same airline. By buying return tickets you may save some money.
However, there is nothing to stop you flying with more than one airline, but then in that case single fares for each applicable airline will be charged and when added together could possibly total more than the return fare charged by the airline above.
To secure the cheapest charter flight, follow these tips:
- Think strategically. Delay buying a ticket until just before you want to travel. The price generally drops a day or two before the flight because charter airlines must sell seats or lose money on the flight.
- Book early to avoid disappointment, fares can often be cheaper if you book 6 months in advance of travel dates, but bear in mind once booked and paid for you cannot change the dates.
- Do lots of research by telephone or online before you commit your cash and talk with your travel agent, for they can save you money?
- Know where you are flying into. Charter flights often land at small or out-of-the-way airports. Travellers on an all-inclusive holiday will usually have transport arranged as part of the package, but flight-only travellers may not. Check out local transport links or taxi companies to avoid being stranded.
- Make sure you know exactly what is included in your ticket. Will you get a complimentary meal? What is your baggage allowance? Can you pay extra for a seat with more legroom? Is there a fuel surcharge / credit or debit card charge / ticket on departure charge? Late booking fee charge?
- Last but not least, when the number of seats are at a premium, most airlines are now charging higher again at the last minute, because the airline only has a few seats available, so watch out.
Air Transat is Canada’s leading holiday travel airline. It carries some 3 million passengers annually to nearly 60 destinations in 25 countries. Air Transat, as at May 2011, has a fleet of 23 Airbus A330s and A310s. 12 x A310s; 7 x A330-200s; 4 x A330-300s. For more information click the particular air plane below.
Airbus A330-200 and
The Airbus A310 will gradually leave the fleet in years 2013 to 2016. For pictures of the latest aircraft in their new livery see below
Fly from Britain to Canada
For more information and to reserve seats on Air Transat two web sites are available. Namely Airtransat.co.uk or on the aircraft of Air Transat flights the following web site of Canadian Affair. See below for information about this popular British Company well known to the travelling public in that country.
A New Award!
Air Transat was named World's Best Leisure Airline at he Skytrax annual World Airline Awards, held on July 12, 2012 at the Farnborough International Airshow, near London.
The study analyzed customer satisfaction for the Airline Passenger Experience, from check-in to boarding, onboard seat comfort, cabin cleanliness, food & beverages, onboard entertainment, and service of staff.
Welcome to Club Class
With Air Transat you can choose between their regular Economy class or travel in superior comfort and take advantage of the exclusive privileges of Club Class in a more luxurious setting at the front of the aircraft.
When you book your next ticket on Air Transat, treat yourself and book Club Class. It is well worth the extra cost, more comfort, great meals and super service.
If you have already purchased your ticket in Economy Class and you would like to upgrade to Club Class, please contact your travel agent or call the airline to arrange the upgrade. To leave it to the last minute and do it at the airport is not recommended, of course, as Club Class is popular and fills up early, so book early as seats are limited up front.
Air Transat have improved the range of services offered in Club Class to offer you even more choice and luxury. These changes make Club Class the global standard among vacation airlines.
- Two flight attendants dedicated to Club Class passengers.
- Attentive, personalized service
- Exclusive and spacious Club cabin
- Priority baggage service
- Checked baggage: 40kg (88lbs) per passenger
- Carry-on baggage: 15kg (33lbs) per passenger
- Exclusive and rapid check-in counter in most airports
- Priority boarding
- Free headsets
- Complimentary travel items
- Canadian newspapers
Comfort and refinement
- Wider, more comfortable leather seats
- More leg room
- Complimentary seat selection
- And more.
Drinks and snacks
- Welcome cocktails
- Complimentary drinks, snacks and bar service
Air Transat has recently unveiled the first Airbus A330 to feature a new, fully redesigned cabin interior.
Travellers in both Club and Economy classes will enjoy notably roomier, ergonomically designed leather seats with touch screen-based personal entertainment systems.
The aircraft will seat 333 in Economy and 12 in Club class for a total of 345 passengers.
The lavatories have also been entirely redesigned, as have cabin layout features overall. Passenger comfort will be enhanced by brand new mood lighting, which employs sophisticated technology, to smooth the transition between the various phases of a flight.
“We care more than ever about our passengers’ in-flight experience and the changes introduced address our ultimate objective to deliver value-added tourism services and exceptional standards of quality,” said Allen B.Graham, President and CEO, Air Transat.
Cabin interior refurbishments for the remainder of the Airbus A330 fleet will be completed gradually over a two-year period at a cost of $4 million per aircraft. Three A330s with the new interior will be in service this summer, flying Air Transat’s Europe routes.
Up until 18th November 2013. Book today.
Founded in 1995, Canadian Affair offers an a la carte menu of services for all types of travel options to, and holiday experiences in, Canada.
In 2006 Canadian Affair became part of the Transat A.T inc Group, widely recognised as the leading integrated holiday travel group in Canada.
The company, voted as the ‘Best Tour Operator to Canada’ in the annual British Travel Awards in 2010, has recently unveiled its summer 2012 programme between the UK and Canada, and is offering up to 400,00 seats on over 60 direct non stop flights to Canada each week.
From 2012 Canadian Affair are using Air Transat’s own fleet of Airbus A310 and A330 jets and will provide flights from eight UK airports – Gatwick/south, Heathrow/4, Exeter, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Manchester/1, Newcastle and Glasgow/2 – to seven Canadian Cities – Toronto/3, Calgary, Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa, Halifax and Edmonton.
The 2013 flight schedule can be found on their web site, but so you can start planning, herewith a little information.
In Economy you’ll enjoy state of the art touch screen seat back personal entertainment systems, leather seats with lumbar support, mood lighting to enhance in flight enjoyment and reduce the effects of jetlag, new bathrooms and cabin interiors.
Club Class has been made even more exclusive with just 12 seats in this separate cabin, armchair seats with extra space and legroom, large touch screen personal entertainment systems and many more benefits.
- Lowest cost flights to/from Canada
- Highest frequency of DIRECT NON STOP flights - over 60 flights a week to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto/3, Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax from London (Gatwick/south and Heathrow/4), Manchester/1, Exeter, Newcastle, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow/2.
- Most comfortable aircraft:
- Airbus A330/A310 – Are operated by Air Transat, on many of the routes. The state of the art Airbus A330 offers wide bodied aircraft comfort as well as such benefits as: Leather seats throughout the cabin, Meals Included, Premium/Club Transat upgrades available along with a host of other leading services and products making your entire journey a pleasure.
- On Air Transat Airbus flights passengers will get a 32" seat pitch.
- Free bag allowance is one piece weighing up to 23kgs and 5kgs carry on.
Air Transat has announced that, as of November 1, 2010, it will no longer accept cash for onboard transactions. Passengers will be required to use a credit card for all their purchases, such as snacks and beverages, duty free items, comfort kits, and so on.
Upgrade to Club Class
Enjoy a Premium upgrade on the Airbus A330 from only £199.00/C$305.00 one way including taxes to Toronto, Halifax, Montreal and Ottawa and from £299.00/C$459.00 for Western Canada to/from Vancouver or Edmonton.
In Premium you’ll also receive:
- Increased seat pitch (34") and extra wide seat.
- Hold luggage allowance is two pieces with a combined weight of 40kgs. Maximum weight of one bag must be not more than 32kgs. Carry on is 15kgs
- Dedicated check in desk allowing quicker check in.
- Separate on-board cabin.
- Complimentary bar service and wine with meals.
- Free headphones and amenity kit.
Canadian Affair with their growing passenger volumes have the widest choice of holiday components to tailor make holidays from short city breaks to complex itineraries.
When booking with Canadian Affair, customers are guaranteed the best prices as well as the best customer service.
Travelling from UK to Canada
Visit the site Canadian Affair
In the air you’ll have as standard :
- Outbound flights offer a complimentary hot meal and afternoon tea; inbound flights offer dinner and breakfast.
- Priority boarding for children, passengers requiring assistance and Premium/Club Transat Passengers.
- In-flight magazine and in-flight movies and TV (including children’s programmes).
- Children’s activity pack.
- Duty free shopping.
Our third large Charter Airline is Sunwing Airlines.
Sunwing Vacations has become the leading, integrated leisure tour operator in Canada since it began operation in 2002.
They are a family-managed and operated business, and one of Canada's fastest growing and most successful companies. Sunwing Airlines, Canada's premier leisure airline consistently voted the #1 leisure airline by Canadian Travel Agents, is a full service airline providing "high frills" leisure class service at a low cost.
Sunwing prides itself in having innovative, creative, and forward thinking management, which allows them to be pioneers in creating new products, new concepts, and new ideas.
Sunwing Vacations offers value-added holiday packages from Canada to the Caribbean, Central America, Mexico, Europe, and USA, with a variety of Sunwing Collections to suit your vacation needs. Choose from their Family, Couples, and Luxury Collections, as well as their Sunwing Smile Resorts, a hand-picked selection of all inclusive family resorts, which offer great value and family-friendly features that ensure fun for all ages.
Sunwing Vacations has also partnered with some of the top hotels and resorts to help you enjoy the vacation of a lifetime. Their leading resorts include Memories Resorts, Royalton Luxury Resorts, Princess Hotels & Resorts, Barceló Hotels & Resorts, and Dreams Resorts & Spas, all of which provide outstanding vacations in some of the world's best vacation spots.
Sunwing also offers total flexibility with vacation options ranging from 2 - 15 days for several destinations, allowing you to custom tailor your vacation.
Sunwing and Sunwing Airlines operate from more gateways in Canada than any other tourism provider. With departures from 33 Canadian gateways to 48 destinations in 21 countries, Sunwing opens up "sun" vacations beyond Canada's major urban centers. They now also operate from 3 US gateways to 3 countries allowing Sunwing to lead the way with convenient departures from cities closest to you, to some of the most popular vacation destinations.
Their modern fleet of Boeing 737-800 aircraft provide comfortable and reliable air transportation to over 900,000 passengers a year. Their 24 aircrafts also allow them to offer Fly Better Performance with the best record for on time departures and arrivals. They use the most fuel efficient aircraft, reducing fuel consumption by 3 - 5% and also reducing carbon emissions by up to 5%, which results in savings and more competitive pricing. This leads to their Fly Better Price with many extra amenities included on our flights.
From their corporate family to your family, they look forward to offering exceptional vacations with Sunwing Vacations and welcoming you on board Sunwing Airlines for your next holiday.
Flights to Europe can be booked at the following Booking engine.
To and from Europe there are numerous cities to Toronto such as Amsterdam, Barcelona, Glasgow, Lisbon, London (Gatwick), Paris (Orly), Porto and Rome.
To and from Montreal (Trudeau) there are flights from Paris (Orly)
Canadian Charter Flights
From Canadian Charter Flights back to Canada Hub
From Canadian Charter Flights back to Europe Hub